Menu Plan - January 9



Sticking to last week's menu = failure.

Sunday, we ended up having Crockpot Chicken Cordon Bleu, as the menu stated. I made my own honey mustard because we didn't have any.  So, honey + spicy brown mustard = honey mustard sauce.

 

And, we did enjoy Mint Pie for dessert.


Monday, I made sweet potato waffles using our new waffle maker.  I can't tell you how excited I am to have a working waffle maker again!  We topped them with our favorite sauted apples -- these things are amazing.


By mid-afternoon, I realized we didn't have any tortellini in the freezer, so no tortellini soup for us.  Instead, we had grilled cheese sandwiches and leftover potato soup.


I had a revelation too -- making grilled cheese on the griddle is amazing.  I don't know why I had never done that before!


Tuesday, I spent the evening attempting homemade tater tots.  One success and one failure later, I left my mom's with a bag full of tater tots.


Oh, we did a little deep frying too -- onion rings.  We were going to make these on New Years -- but we had way too much other food.  They were a nice treat this week!


For dinner, we ended up eating spaghetti squash spaghetti for dinner and it was a delicious alternative to spaghetti!


My mom made my grandmother's homemade cinnamon sugar bread and sent a loaf home with me :)   That meant we had new breakfast plans for the next couple of days.


Wednesday, was leftover night.  At least we stuck to the menu plan that night.

Thursday.

I made Frog Prince homemade tater tot hotdish.  He's been asking for it for months.  It was good.  I'll post the recipe soon.  


Then,  I made a few oatmeal cranberry cookies.  These were yummy {and semi-healthy too!}.  Recipe forthcoming.


Friday night after finally grocery shopping, we had Meatball Tortellini Soup, and homemade bread.


I was hoping to make Kim's rolls, but, we had fresh loaves of Honey Oat Bread (new recipe) and I was lazy and didn't feel like making other bread.


Saturday, we had Christmas at Grandma and Grandpa's.  I brought Wild Rice Stuffing.  We ate way too much food and just nibbled for dinner.


Here's to what's hopefully a better week at sticking to the menu!

Sunday
Brunch - Waffles of Insane Greatness {new}, raspberry sauce
Dinner - Leftover soup and bread


Monday
B - Granola, Blueberries
D - Roasted Veggie Parmesan


Tuesday
B - Orange Cranberry Muffins
D - Crockpot Lemon Herby Chicken, brown rice, steamed veggies


Wednesday
B - Veggie Scramble
D - Leftovers


Thursday
B - Pumpkin Spice Granola, Craisins
D - Crockpot Lasagna {new}


Friday
B - Oatmeal and Berries (or apples)
D - Leftovers {or pizza, if no leftovers}


Saturday
B - Breakfast Pizza
D - Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Vegetable Soup {new}, Kim's Rolls {new}


Photobucket