Pumpkin Spice Granola



I love a good bowl of granola in the morning.  

I'd eat it every day if I could.  
Oh, wait.  
I do.  

And, now I'll be mixing up my rotation a bit with this A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. granola.  

Pumpkin Spice.  

Or - in our house...

Sweet Potato Spice.  


Pumpkin Spice Granola - Inspired by Colleen
{Print Recipe}

4 1/2 C oats
2 1/2 C Rice Krispy Cereal
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 C brown sugar
1/2 C sweet potato puree
1/4 C applesauce
1/4 C maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
Craisins, optional

Mix the oats and rice krispies together in a large bowl.


 Stir in spices and salt.  


In another bowl, combine applesauce, sugar, maple syrup and vanilla.  Add in sweet potato puree.


Combine the dry and moist ingredients together, and stir to coat.


Spread onto a cookie sheet or into a large baking dish and bake at 350 for ~30 minutes, stirring every 15.


I turned my oven off after 30 minutes and let the granola sit in the cooling oven. Typically I do this with my granola and let it sit overnight -- but I wouldn't recommend that with this recipe! This granola gets pretty hard... so, check it after another 30 minutes or so, and remove it from the oven.

If desired, serve with milk and craisins...YUM!


Photobucket

This post is linked to: