Menu Plan - Jan. 18





Part of why I love menu planning is because it takes the stress out of the week.  It helps me to think clearly.  I can come home after a busy day and know what I need to do in the kitchen for us to have a healthy dinner.  The recipe gives me the directions; I hardly have to make a decision.  Love it.  


As we continue to try to plan meals within our budget, with ingredients we have on hand, that are healthy and enjoyable, I am encouraged each time we try a new recipe that we love.  Last week we tried some yummy eats that we never would have cooked had they not been on the menu -- it was just too busy otherwise.  


I'm glad we didn't miss out on these:  


(with hidden carrots and sweet potatoes)






Crockpot Chicken and Barley Soup
(recipe to come)



















Oh, and because you requested it...




I'm hoping for a slower week this week... but somehow I have a feeling we won't be slowing down until March... after I get my dissertation in to my committee :)  


Sunday
Breakfast - Cinnamon Raisin Bread, OJ
Dinner - Crockpot Honey Lime Chicken, Roasted Cauliflower (new), brown rice


Monday
Breakfast - Cinnamon Raisin French Toast, pineapple


Tuesday
Breakfast - Granola, peaches
Dinner - Leftovers, broccoli


Wednesday
Breakfast - Leftover Kris Kringle Pancakes, apple-y syrup
Dinner - Crockpot Chicken Stew with whole wheat dumplings (new)


Thursday
Breakfast - Oatmeal, apples
Dinner - Leftovers
Dessert - Lemon Blueberry Dump Cake (new)


Friday
Breakfast - Veggie Egg Scramble, Pineapple
Dinner - Loaded Baked Potato Soup (new), french bread (trying it with wheat!)



Saturday
Dinner - French Bread Pizza, broccoli (or sweet potato fries)