A Recipe for Jamie's Spinach Salad

A Recipe for Jamie's Spinach Salad

What an exceptional weekend it has been spending time with friends, walking along the lake on a warm spring-like day, breakfast with L'il Burnt Toast at a local hangout...I'm not sure I could be more contented. Of course in keeping with my healthier attiitude goals for the next decade I had to have a delicious salad to round out my next meal. This is a recipe from Jamie Oliver which I tried over the holidays which was very well received. The dressing is very light and the salad open to anything your little heart desires limited only by your imagination. Several choices I have made in the past are to add cooked salty bacon, blue cheese or feta. I happened to have some marinated feta this time around so added that. This recipe had over 1,000 positive reviews so how can you argue with that?

**Jamie's Spinach Salad**
Printable Recipe....

1 tablespoon butter
3/4 cup almonds, blanched and slivered

1 pound spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
1 cup dried cranberries
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1/2 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons minced onion
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 cup cider vinegar (I used tarragon vinegar which I had on hand)
1/2 cup olive oil (the recipe called for vegetable oil but I used a light olive oil)

***********

In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook and stir almonds in butter until lightly toasted. Remove from heat, and let cool.

In a large bowl, combine the spinach with the toasted almonds and cranberries.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, onion, paprika, white wine vinegar, cider vinegar, and vegetable oil. Toss with spinach just before serving.







You may also enjoy....

Spinach & Red Cabbage Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
A Very Good Spinach Salad
Greek Spinach Salad
Spinach Salad with Strawberries
Spinach Cranberry Salad


You are reading this post on More Than Burnt Toast at http://goodfoodcorner.blogspot.com. If not the content has been stolen without permission.