Menu Plan - March 21


It was such a treat to have my sister here last week for her spring break!  We had a wonderful time together and spent a lot of time in the kitchen.  I taught her how to make bread, and *hopefully* inspired her to venture into some cooking of her own :)





Cooking for three people wasn't a whole lot different than cooking for two... but it did mean that leftovers didn't last as long.  Thus, we enjoyed a few more recipes this week than we typically do:






 

with Broccoli Smashed Potatoes (recipe to come)





(made with no-rise dough)


(with Irish Soda Bread)
  

 










 
The weather was soooo nice, we decided to grill one evening -- New York White Hot Dogs -- a rare treat around here!  We had homemade hotdog buns, sweet potato fries and pickles too!



The time is now ticking towards my dissertation defense.  I have two weeks before I submit it to my committee and then two more weeks until my defense.  {insert little mini freak out here}.  One of my great ways to manage stress is to cook -- so, I'm looking forward to our menu this week!

Sunday
Breakfast - Ricotta Pancakes with Lemon Curd (new)
Dinner - Pizza Hut Pan Pizza (new)
Dessert - Berry Crumble (new)

Monday
Breakfast - Leftover Pancakes
Dinner - Lasagna Soup, garlic bread (new)

Tuesday
Breakfast - Granola with dried fruit
Dinner - Pot Pie with Herby Biscuits

Wednesday 
Breakfast - Oatmeal Muffins (freezer)
Dinner - Garlic chicken, mushroom and spinach quesadillas on whole wheat tortillas

Thursday
Breakfast - Pineapple Pancakes (freezer)
Dinner - Leftovers

Friday
Breakfast - Baked Oatmeal, fruit
Dinner - Lucy's Chili and Lucy's Dinner Rolls (Lucy... will you come for dinner?!)

Saturday
Breakfast - Leftover Baked Oatmeal
Dinner - Garlic Chicken Pasta with Spinach (new)