White Chicken Pizza with Caramelized Onions

Every Friday is pizza night at our house, so we're always on the hunt for fun new pizza recipes to try.  This is one I found from Spryte's Place that caught my eye. I'm normally not such a huge white sauce fan, but I loved the addition of the garlic cream cheese and felt like I was eating at a gourmet pizzeria.  The kids were scared off by all the onions, but the onions is why I loved it so much.  Definitely a keeper! 

Click here for printable recipe. 

The ingredients:
2 Tbs. butter
3 cups thinly sliced sweet onions
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. thyme
2 oz. garlic herb cream cheese (I used Boursin light--see picture above)
1 pre-baked pizza crust
 1/3 cup prepared Alfredo sauce
1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
1/4 cup Italian blend shredded cheese

Directions: Melt butter in a skillet and cook onions and sugar for 20-25 minutes, until deep golden brown and caramelized; stir in thyme leaves.




Stir cream cheese and Alfredo sauce together.

  Spread over pizza crust.


Top with chicken ,


then onions,


then shredded cheese. 



Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until heated through.  Enjoy!