Chicken Spinach Soup



Where has this soup been all my life?! I think, my friends, we have found a real winner. An easy, delicious soup in the crockpot -- took me all of 5 minutes to get dinner ready! That's a winner in my book.

Chicken Spinach Soup - Adapted from Easy to be Gluten Free

1/2 C onion, diced (I used 1 T minced onion)
2 large garlic cloves, minced
2 C chicken broth/stock
1 C water
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. basil
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can Great White Northern beans
1 chicken breast
~5 oz. spinach (frozen is fine)

Place all ingredients (including the whole, raw chicken breast) in a crockpot and cook on low for ~8 hours.



About an hour before serving, remove the chicken breast, allow to cool slightly, and then shred using two forks.



Return the meat to the crockpot and continue to cook until ready to serve.



Enjoy!



Linked to: