Raspberry Delight



It's hot.

And, humid.

So - what could be better than a cold dessert?!



This raspberry dessert is something my mom made growing up. To me, it always tasted like raspberries on fluffy clouds.


Trust me. It's good.

Raspberry Delight - Mom (via her friend)
{Printable Recipe}

1-2 packages of graham crackers (or Oreos) crushed
4-6 T butter, softened
1 pkg. (10ish oz) mini marshmallows
1 C milk
3 C raspberries
1 C whipping cream

Begin by combining the crushed graham crackers and softened butter to make a crust.


{I had a lot of fun crushing up the crackers... but I ran out -- and ended up filling the rest of the pan with crushed Oreos. Oh. My. Goodness. This "oops" might turn out to be a regular with this recipe}


Press into a 9x13 glass baking dish.


Bake at 350 for 20 minutes until crust is lightly browned.

While crust is baking, melt marshmallows in 1 C milk in a large saucepan over medium heat.


Don't rush melting the 'shmellows.


Trust me.


A little patience here is a good thing.


Plus, it's fun to watch them disappear :)



When the marshmallows are all gone, remove from the heat and allow the mixture to cool.


{see... my crazy crust in the background?!}

After about 15 minutes of cooling time, begin to whip the whipped cream until it's nice and fluffy.



{Don't be fooled by the whipped cream. Trust me. It looks yummier than it tastes.}

Gently fold the whipped cream, melted marshmallow goodness together.


Wash up those berries and toss them in too!



Spread over the cooled crust.


Chill for 2-3 hours before serving.

Enjoy!



This recipe is linked to:

Photobucket