One-Pot Spaghetti

It always cracks me up when I ask my family for suggestions of what to add to my dinner menus each week and invariably someone always says spaghetti.  Me?  I'm not such a spaghetti fan myself, but I do like to make things that my family will actually eat.  This recipe took spaghetti to a whole new level of simplicity...with everything cooking all in the same pot.  At first my kids were wary of the noodles being in the sauce instead of underneath it, but their hesitancy was short-lived once they actually tasted it.  Serve this up with some crusty bread and a green salad and you've got a great, well-rounded meal!  Enjoy! 


Source:  Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook
 Click here for printable recipe. 


The ingredients:

1 lb. ground beef or ground sausage (I used a 1/2 lb. each of beef and sausage)
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 large can (32-ounces) chicken broth (4 cups)
3 cups water
2 cans (6-ounces each) tomato paste
2 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 box (12-ounces) dried spaghetti, broken
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:  In a large saucepan cook the ground beef and/or sausage, onion, and garlic until meat is brown and onion is tender.  Drain. 

Stir in the broth, water, tomato paste, oregano, basil, and pepper.  Bring to boiling.  Add the broken spaghetti, a little at a time, stirring constantly.  Return to boiling; reduce heat.  Boil gently, uncovered, for 17-20 minutes or until spaghetti is tender and sauce is of the desired consistency, stirring frequently.  Serve with Parmesan cheese.  Enjoy! 




Don't miss a single recipe...sign up for free email updates. 



**********