DIY Cooking Creme


I have to admit, when I first saw the new cooking creme's on the market, I laughed.  I thought - why on earth do we need this product in our cooking?!  Can't we just make this on our own?  

So, that is what I set out to do.  I haven't tried the store bought variety, so I have no idea if this even comes close to the cooking creme sold for $3-$4, but we loved it.




The best part -- I can control the level of sodium and choose the spices to fit my recipe needs as they develop.  The possibilities seem endless... and all you need is some cream cheese and broth!


DIY Cooking Creme

Base
1/3 C cream cheese
1/2 C chicken {or veggie broth}

Seasoning
1 T spices

Begin by combining chicken broth with cream cheese in a saucepan.


Gently heat the cream cheese mixture over medium heat; stir constantly.


As the cream cheese becomes nice and smooth.


Then, add in your spices.  We used 1 T of minced onion, and 2 tsp. chives.


Other ideas include:
  • 2 tsp. Italian seasoning and 1 T Parmesan cheese
  • 4-5 minced garlic cloves 
  • 2 tsp. Taco seasoning
  • 2 tsp. Garlic and Herb 


Cook until warmed through, then spoon/drizzle over your dinner!