Dad's Coleslaw

This simple recipe is my Dad's summer specialty and it's one of the few salads I make that everyone devours.   Everyone loves the crunch of the peanuts and dry ramen noodles.   This particular salad in the pictures below is an extra special salad, since the cabbage we used was straight out of the garden and 100%  nurtured by my 9-year-old daughter.  It was the best coleslaw we ever had.  :)

 Click here for printable recipe.  

The ingredients:

1 large head cabbage, shredded (or two 10-ounce packages shredded cabbage)
2 packages dry ramen noodles, crunched up (discard the seasoning packets)
3/4 cup sunflower seeds
3/4 cup honey-roasted peanuts

DRESSING:  (When I'm feeling lazy, I just use store bought slaw dressing.  I like Marzetti's brand.)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1-2 tsp. sugar
1 Tbs. vinegar
1/4 tsp. salt

Directions: Pull cabbage out of garden and run it inside as quickly as possible.

In a large bowl, combine cabbage,

sunflower seeds,

dry ramen noodles,

and peanuts.

Set aside.  In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients.  Just before serving, pour dressing over coleslaw and stir until evenly coated.

Enjoy!