Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls



It's blueberry season!

And, because I love them so much, I try to put them in just about everything.


Okay... maybe not everything... but, I do try to come up with fun ways to eat them!

We tried adding blueberries to our whole wheat cinnamon rolls ... and we LOVED them!


Blueberry Whole Wheat Cinnamon Rolls - Finding Joy in My Kitchen
{Print Recipe}

Cinnamon Rolls
2 C wheat flour (I use King Arthur)
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
3 T butter, sofened
1 C milk
1/2 C blueberries
2-4 T brown sugar
cinnamon, as desired

Icing
1/2 C powdered sugar
2 tsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.  Then, cut in softened butter.


Add milk and mix.  


The dough will be really sticky.


Add in more flour as needed and knead the dough until it's no longer sticky.

Then, roll out the dough.

Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.


Dot with blueberries.


Roll up the dough.


Then, slice -- using a knife or dental floss.

Place in a glass baking dish.  I recommend a 9x13, as I did an 9x9 and they were a bit scrunched together.


Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes.


I baked mine in the toaster oven and it worked wonderfully!


Then, mix the powdered sugar, vanilla and milk together until you have a nice icing.


Serve with icing drizzled over the cinnamon rolls.


Enjoy!

Photobucket

This recipe is linked to: