Crockpot Apple Cake




I'm just beginning to explore the wonderful world of baked goods make in the crockpot! Sure, I've tried my hand at a few cobblers and had some success, but I've never tried making a cake!! This cake was awesome -- moist, fully cooked, and full of the flavors I love so much about fall. We started the dessert, ran out to get the new David Crowder Church Music CD, went for a quick walk, and came back to enjoy a tasty treat!



Crockpot Apple Cake - Modified from Fix-It and Forget-It

1 C flour (1/2 C wheat, 1/2 C white)
3/4 C brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
3 large apples, chopped
2 eggs, beaten
2 tsp. vanilla

In a medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.



Peel and slice your apples (I diced mine fairly small), and then coat with the flour mixture.



Mix the eggs and vanilla in a small bowl.



Pour the egg mixture over the floured apples. Pour/spoon into a greased crockpot.



Yes, the batter is thick.

Cover, and cook on high for ~2 hours.





Cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.



Slice and serve warm. Leftovers were great for breakfast too ;) And, since it's fat-free, I didn't feel too bad about eating cake for breakfast!



Here's Frog Prince enjoying it as we listed to David Crowder's new CD - Church Music.



I think that if David Crowder would have been joining us, he would have liked it too.



This post is linked to Slightly Indulgent Mondays, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Save Room for Dessert, Crockpot Wednesdays and URS: Baked Goods.