Taco Ring

I found this recipe over at Tried and True Cooking with Heidi and knew at a glance that my family would love it. I saved it for a crazy night when I was in a rush, had the kids help me throw it together, and sure enough I had to nab my husband's portion out quickly, otherwise they would have eaten it all. I might try and use some homemade bread dough with it another time, so I can add whole wheat flour, but then again that would take the ease out of preparing it. Thanks Heidi for a great idea!

The ingredients:

2 cans crescent rolls
1 lb. ground beef ( I used ground turkey)
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Toppings:
Shredded lettuce
Diced tomato
chopped onion
Sour cream
Salsa
Black olives
Avocado

Cook and drain beef (or turkey). Add seasoning and cook according to seasoning package directions (add 3/4 cup water and bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes).

Arrange unrolled crescent foll triangles in a circle shape, overlapping them with the points facing outwards.


Place meat around the ring and sprinkle with cheese. Fold triangle points over filling and bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes. Place toppings in the open part in the center and serve. Makes 6-8 servings. Thanks Heidi!(mine definitely did not turn out as pretty Heidi's)

Enjoy!