Greek Inspired Chicken Burgers

My blog sister Ivy of Kopiaste has awarded me with the "I Love You This Much" award. It is an honour to receive this award from her. As her blog sister I admire her so much and would truly love to be in her kitchen and learn all there is to know about Greek and Cypriot ingredients and cooking. So right back at you sis!! Her love for her family shines in each and every one of her posts. If you haven't had a chance to visit her yet please do, I would never steer you wrong!!

With these awards always comes the task of passing them on to but a few of my fellow bloggers. It is always so hard to choose who I feel would deserve these awards because as always each and every one of you has a place in my heart in one way or another. I have passed on several awards recently so I would first of all pass this award on to the same blogging friends as before. To be fair I will spread the LOVE around a little bit more...are you still with me????

Marye of Baking Delights and numerous other blogs too many to mention
Mary of Shazam in the Kitchen from Ohio, USA
Deborah of Taste & Tell
Nic of Cherrapeno blogging from England
A vegetarian blog from Vancouver with Ashley at Eat Me Delicious

Now on to the recipe!!

Over the summer months you will probably see many different varieties of chicken burgers on these pages because I barbeque them quite often. Some will be with ground chicken or turkey, but, my favourite way is to keep the boneless breast whole. Chicken burgers are so versatile and lend themselves to a variety of flavourings like all burgers. They are also easy and quick to prepare with little or no cleanup. To me that is the perfect summer meal!!! Today in honour of my blog sister Ivy... who wows us with delicious Greek and Cypriot dishes from Athens... I offer you a Greek inspired chicken burger.

The breast is marinated in a combination of oil and oregano, grilled to perfection and then topped with tzatziki and a mixture of tomatoes, feta and red onion. Here is Ivy's own recipe for tzatziki as well to add that extra bit of authentic touch.

απολαύστε !!Enjoy!

**Greek Inspired Chicken Burgers**

4 chicken breasts, slightly pounded to same thickness

Marinade

1/2 cup (125 ml) olive or canola oil
2 tsp (10 ml) dried oregano
2 tsp (10 ml) red wine vinegar
1/8 tsp (1 ml) salt
1/8 tsp (1 ml) black pepper

***********
Mix all ingredients together, then pour over chicken breast and marinade for 2 hours. Barbecue for 5 minutes per side or until chicken is done.

Tomato and Feta Topping

4 large tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup (50 ml) diced red onion
1 T (15 ml) balsamic vinegar
2 T (30 ml) canola or olive oil
1 T (15 ml) garlic (to taste), crushed
2 T (30 ml) fresh oregano chopped, or 2 tsp dried
1/2 cup (125 ml) crumbled feta cheese
salt and pepper

******************
Mix all ingredients and place in the fridge until ready to serve.

Spread your favorite bun with some tzatziki, top with some roasted red peppers, some crisp romaine lettuce, and a thick cut red onion slice. Add the chicken breast and top with the feta and tomato mixture.