Dining Room Table - Help Needed

Okay, friends.  I need your help.


Frog Prince and I have a kitchen we adore, but a dining room that needs some serious help.

Let me say first, that we are changing the table -- I've been drooling over this table and have plans to refinish one this summer.


Putting the table aesthetics aside, we don't know what shape of table is best, or where to put the table.


With the bar stools, the dining room table needs to be pushed farther to the right {centered under the light}.  That just makes things awkward.  Make no mention of how to hang decorations/photos on the wall when the table is off center in the room.  Sheesh.  

So, now we are thinking of a corner booth in the right back corner. An aerial view might look like this {note, it is not to scale}:



So, what do you ladies think?  I've always loved the idea of a breakfast nook, and I think this might help with the space issues in the dining room.

Ideas please!!!