Zucchini Cookies


I finally did it.


This weekend, we made cookies ... with zucchini in them!!


I had a house full of taste testers when my grandparents came over for dinner, and I thought I'd give them a little dessert before dinner :)  I baked up just one tray of these cookies (and froze the rest of the dough) and they were a hit!


Hope you enjoy them too!

Zucchini Cookies - Finding Joy in My Kitchen
{Print Recipe}

1/2 C butter, melted
1 1/4 C sugar
1/4 C olive oil
2 C shredded zucchini
3 C whole wheat flour {I used white wheat}
1 egg
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 C chocolate chips
1/2 C dried fruit {cherries, blueberries, raisins}

Cream the melted butter, sugar and olive oil together in a mixing bowl.


Then, add in the egg and if desired, a few drops of vanilla extract.

Mix together the flour, salt and soda.  Add to the creamed mixture.


Stir in the zucchini until combined. Dough will be thick.


Then, add in the chocolate chips and any dried fruit of your choosing.


Stir well.


Scoop by the tablespoon onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.


Bake at 350 for 15ish minutes until cookies are lightly browned.


Enjoy!


Photobucket

This post is linked to: