Grandma's Mashed Potatoes


My grandmother makes the best mashed potatoes.  I loved eating them growing up, and I love eating them still today.

Creamy.

Moist.

Flavorful.


They just scream "Grandma" to me.

I hope you'll enjoy them too.


Grandma's Mashed Potatoes - SnoWhite's Grandma
{Print Recipe}

6-8 medium russet potatoes
1-2 tsp. salt
1/4 C milk

Wash, peel and slice potatoes into fourths.

Bring a large stock pot filled with water, potatoes and salt to a boil.

Boil until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.

Drain the potatoes in a strainer.


Add potatoes to a metal mixing bowl.


Begin by breaking apart the potatoes with the mixer turned off.


When they are smashed apart, add in the milk, 1/8 C at a time.


Mix well. Adding more milk as needed.

Whip until creamy.


Season with salt and pepper, as desired.


Enjoy!