Crescent Rolls


I have one pre-packed weakness (okay... two; cheez-it's make me go weak in the knees).  My second weakness is crescent rolls.  I just love 'em.


Love 'em as a side dish.
Love 'em as a crust in quiches.
Love 'em warm, or cold.
Love 'em plain.
Love 'em stuffed.


I just love 'em.

And, I finally found a recipe that will replace my need to buy that tempting blue tube!


Homemade Crescent Rolls - Adapted from The Little Brown House
{Print Recipe}

2 1/4 tsp. yeast
3/8 C warm water
1/4 C sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg
1/4 C butter, melted
2 C white wheat flour
2 T butter (reserved)

Combine yeast and warm water in a bowl.  Allow to sit for 3-4 minutes.


Then, add in the sugar, salt, egg and melted butter.


Add in the flour and mix until combined.


Knead for about 5 minutes until dough is soft and smooth.  I used my mixer to do the kneading.

Place dough in a lightly greased bowl, and cover with a towel.


Allow dough to rise for 1 - 1 1/2 hours, or until doubled.

Then, roll out the dough into a 12-inch circle.

Lightly butter the dough, and then slice into 16 slices using a pizza cutter.



Roll up each slice into a crescent shape.


Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet, and then cover - allowing the rolls to double.

Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes, until lightly browned.


When they come out of the oven, lightly drizzle with melted butter, if desired.

* You can also add cheese and pepperoni and roll them up to make fun stuffed crescent rolls.



This recipe is linked to: