Apple Granola



I love granola.  I started making it about a year ago, and has since become my favorite breakfast.  I make 1 batch every week or so - we go through it so quickly.  I like a lot of cinnamon in my granola...that way I can use less sugar :)  This granola has just a hint of apple spice in it, which I think makes it exceptionally yummy, especially when served over applesauce! 

Apple Granola

6 C oats (I use Old Fashioned, but quick work too)
1/4 C applesauce
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 C brown sugar

Combine applesauce (do not use chunky applesauce), cinnamon and brown sugar in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until mixture boils.  You may need to add 1/4 C water to thin the mixture.



Pour the mixture over the oats and stir to combine.



Place granola on a cookie sheet, and bake at 350 for 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes.



Turn off the oven, and allow the granola to crisp up in the oven. Be careful to crack open the oven door so the granola does not burn.

Store in an airtight container in your pantry for up to a couple of weeks (ours usually doesn't last more than a week).

This post is linked to Slightly Indulgent Mondays and Monday Munchies.