Whole Wheat Bread

About 2 years ago, we stopped buying bread completely.  Our first challenge was to find a good whole wheat bread, which we did rather quickly.  We love the denseness and delicious texture of our whole wheat bread recipe.  However, it wasn't quite the soft and fluffy bread we wanted to use in sandwiches.

A little while ago, I found another bread recipe, this one using an egg, that I bookmarked as one to try.  The reviews said the bread was extra soft.  Hmmmmm.



We tried it this week, and the texture is different from our typical wheat bread -- it reminds me of store-bought texture!  This was especially delicious when toasted :)

Whole Wheat Bread - Modified from Taste of Home
{Makes a 1 1/2 lb. loaf}

1/2 C warm milk
1/2 C warm water
1 egg
3 T honey
1 T oil
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 C bread flour
1 1/2 C wheat flour
2 1/4 tsp. yeast

Place ingredients in your bread machine pan in the order listed by the manufacturer.  Set to the appropriate settings and bake away!  

I tried just making the dough and then baking it in my own oven -- but, the dough was fairly sticky and a little hard to work with when I removed it, so next time I'll just bake the whole thing in the bread machine.   

This post is linked to: