Grilled Mexican Chicken with Tomato Avocado Salsa


Where oh where have we bloggers been...out enjoying the summer months as I have been I imagine. When the sun is shining and the farmers fields are bursting, wineries are promoting and fruit stands are beckoning sitting at the computer seems to be a last resort. In these lazy, hazy days of summer quick, nurtitious and easy seems to be the order of the day. In keeping with this philosophy I came across a delicious dish over at my friend Amy's at Dinners for a Year and Beyond Here you will find delicious recipes a well as a link to her Eat Personal Chef Service. Amy says, "I love to cook. I cook for my family. I cook for my friends. I cook for my clients. And occasionally I cook for strangers."
This dish was made in a hurry, photographed in a hurry and eaten in a hurry......

ENJOY!!!!

**Grilled Mexican Chicken with Tomato Avocado Salsa**

for chicken --

1/4 cup onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
juice of 2 limes
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons paprika
1 tablespoon brown sugar
3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
2 -1/2 pounds chicken tenders

for salsa --

1/3 cup onion, chopped
1 cup cucumber, chopped
2- 1/2 cups tomato, chopped
juice of 1/2 of a lime
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1 avocado, chopped and tossed with juice of 1/2 of a lime
salt and pepper to taste
cojita cheese, for sprinkling
tortillas
tortilla chips
*****************************
In a small bowl combine the first 10 ingredients. Place the chicken tenders in a resealable bag and add the marinade. Seal and squish around the contents to mix well. Let chicken marinate for about an hour.

Heat a grill to medium high.

While the grill is heating, prepare the salsa. In a medium sized bowl, combine the salsa ingredients. Set aside.

Remove the chicken from the marinade and and grill for about 4 - 5 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from grill and top with the salsa and the cojita cheese. Serve with tortillas and tortilla chips.