Are There Enough Ways to Cook Zucchini.........????


















It is a great thing that I love zucchini as much as I do. I have tried and true recipes that use up a lot of the overabundance of zucchini that friends have so generously given me. I loved the saying on one of the blogs here (I'm sorry but I can't remember which one...if I find it again I will credit you) where the people in France locked their car doors so that people wouldn't leave zucchini in the back seat!!!!

When I had a garden I would plant only 2 zucchini plants and still had plenty to give away. In restaurants they serve up zucchini sticks as an appetizer so I decided to make a version of my own. They are a little addictive with the Chipotle Mayonnaise but it is a great way to eat your veggies. The only downfall is that they are deep fried. I suppose you could brush them with olive oil and bake them and see what happens. I'll let you know!!

The photo is taken on top of Giant's Head Provincial Park in Summerland.

**Fried Parmesan Zucchini Sticks**

1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup flour
1-1/2 tsp seasoning salt I use Italian flavoured breadcrumbs so omit the seasoning salt)
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 pinch cayenne pepper
2 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise , and then into sticks
2 eggs, beaten (might need another egg)
olive oil for frying

***************
Heat oil in fry pan.

In a plastic bag combine dry breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, flour, garlic powder, seasoned slat and pepper.

Dip the zucchini sticks in egg, then shake in the bag with flour/breadcrumbs mixture in the plastic bag. ( I mixed the egg with a little buttermilk that I has in the fridge since it worked so well to adhere the tortilla crust in the previous recipe).

Fry zucchini in hot oil until golden brown and crispy, turning occasionally.

Drain on paper towels.
Serve immediately.

**Chipotle Mayonnaise**

1/2 cup[ plus 2 T mayonnaise
1 chipotle pepper in adobo, seeds removed and roughly chopped (about 2 teaspoons)
2 tsp adobo sauce
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp crushed oregano

Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend on HIGH until smooth, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a clean container and refrigerate until ready to serve.