My New Favorite... Flour!!

A few weeks back, I picked up a bag of King Arthur's White Whole Wheat flour on sale. 



I am addicted to their whole wheat flour, and as I've started using it more and more, I thought having a "white" flour would be helpful.

Turns out - it's more than helpful! It's wonderful!

I'm using it in everything....
  • to thicken soups, pot pies, 
  • to put into light-colored cookies
  • to use in pancakes/waffles
  • to use in french bread in place of some all-purpose flour
  • to use in muffins
  • to use in fococcia bread
  • to use in apple crisp toppings
  • in pizza dough!

Normally, I just use regular whole wheat flour to thicken our potpie, or soups, but the texture can be a dead giveaway that I used whole wheat.  Now, I can use whole wheat - white whole wheat - without most people knowing!  The texture of white whole wheat is very similar to all-purpose flour!  Love it.

I'm enjoying making recipes like French Bread, healthier by adding white whole wheat in place of most of the all-purpose flour.  This way, the foods still appear "white"!  

I'm also trying recipes that I usually split 50/50 whole wheat/all purpose flour with this white whole wheat.  So far, I'm enjoying the results -- I just need to add a bit more water; the white whole wheat is more absorbent than all-purpose flour, it seems. 

Have you tried white whole wheat flour?  Does anyone other than King Arthur make white whole wheat?