Cookies, Cookies and More Cookies

'Tis the season to be baking! Or, at least it is for many of us. I don't know about you, but I'll be up to my elbows in flour today, this weekend, and for the better part of next week too. Perhaps I'll even find some time to Christmas shop in between batches!

Fear not, new recipes will be forthcoming - including the recipe for the butter cookie cut-outs you see above - but today is a work day and I will be chained to the stove.

Meanwhile, there are some wonderful cookie events going on around the web and I thought it might be nice to link you to them here ...

Lottie + Doof's 12 Days of Cookies - Today is day 9, but you can revisit the previous entries from any of the cookie posts. The entries are spectacular: Dorie Greenspan's Linzer Sables, Marlow & Son's Shortbread, 101 Cookbooks' Sparkling Ginger Chip Cookies - to name but a few!

5 Second Rule's Virtual Cookie Swap - You may recall that my Hungarian Horns won Cheryl's Virtual Swap last year. I didn't enter this year, but I'm dying to see the finalists. There are some wonderful entries in the mix. You can vote for 3 of your favorites here - and be sure to tune back in and follow Cheryl as she bakes her way through the swap to the eventual winner. Its bound to be a tasty ride!

Steph Chow's Post-Holiday Cookie Exchange - Steph is organizing an actual cookie exchange! Participants have until January 16th to mail a dozen or two cookies to their recipient, which is nice for those of us without the time to make an extra batch this month. If you'd like to participate, rules of entry are listed here.

And, if you're looking for a fun and festive way to package your homemade treats this year, check out Dana McCauley's Food Blog today for a wonderful suggestion!

Are you hosting a cookie even this season? If so, shout it out in the comments so I can add you to the links here.

This Friday I'll be featuring a classic butter cookie recipe from Gourmet Magazine that is sure to please ... one giant batch of dough that can be spiced and mixed several different ways. Its a double duty cookie you won't want to miss. Stay tuned!

Finally, today is the last day to enter my Lavender Syrup Give-Away, you have until midnight tonight. The winner will be announced tomorrow afternoon. Until then ...

Happy Baking!