Raspberry Frozen Yogurt



Yesterday, I shared our recipe for homemade yogurt.


If we're being completely honest, 90% of the reason I wanted to get into making our own yogurt was so that we could make our own frozen yogurt :)


Don't get me wrong, this girl loves her yogurt. But, when it comes down to it -- frozen yogurt wins every. single. time.


Raspberry Frozen Yogurt - Inspired by Lucy

2 C plain, unsweetened yogurt
3 C raspberries (I used frozen)
3/4 C sugar (or 1/2 C honey)
1/2 C milk

Begin by blending together the yogurt, sugar and milk.


Puree the berries, along with a little bit of milk/yogurt mixture, if needed. My frozen berries pureed much better once I added a bit of the yogurt.


Then, stir the berry mixture into the remaining yogurt mixture. Blend well.


If desired, strain out the seeds.  I didn't, but if seeds bother you in the smooth consistency of frozen yogurt, then I recommend straining the puree before continuing.


Assemble your ice cream maker according to directions, and then pour in the yogurt fruit mixture.


Allow the yogurt to freeze up for about 20 minutes in the maker.  Then, pour into a freezer-safe container.  Allow the frozen yogurt to set up in the freezer for about 30 minutes.  Then, enjoy!


Photobucket

Linked to: Recipe Swap Thursday, Full Plate Thursday, It's a Keeper, URS, What's Cooking Thursday, Family Friendly Fridays, Sweets for a Saturday, Sweet Tooth Friday,  Slightly Indulgent Tuesday