Super Bowl Munchies: Cinnamon Pretzels



Want a pretzel that tastes like a mini doughnut?!  


I know.  They're good.  And, they really do have that mini doughnut taste.  I like the combo of the sweet and salty - oh my.  

These would be a great addition to a Super Bowl party spread; offering a hint of something sweet amidst the cheesy, spicy, gooey dishes that are bound to make an appearance.  

Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels - Adapted from the Baking Junkie

1-2 (16oz) bag of fat-free pretzel twists
1/8 C oil; I used olive oil
1/3 C sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon

Begin by pouring the pretzels into a large bowl.


When I made the recipe, I combined the cinnamon and sugar with the olive oil as the original recipe suggested.  


Only problem was... when I cut down the amount of oil, I ended up with globs of cinnamon/sugar/oil.  Gross.  


After enough stirring, I was able to make this work; but I have different recommendations for you.  First, drizzle the olive oil over the pretzels and stir to coat.  

Then, mix together the cinnamon and sugar.  


Sprinkle this mixture over the lightly-oiled pretzels.  


Bake the pretzels at 300 degrees for 30-40 minutes; stir every 10 minutes.  

Allow the pretzels to cool, and then serve.  


Looking for other Super Bowl Snack ideas? Check out our snack page for more ideas!

Photobucket

This post is linked to: URS, Full Plate Thursday, Recipe SwapIt's a Keeper, Feasting in Fellowship Friday, Fun with Food Friday, Potluck Sunday, Sundae Scoop, Sweet Tooth Friday.