Crockpot Maple Apple Pork Roast


Last week the wind blew fall into town... and nothing spells fall like apples and maple syrup!


Maybe my taste buds have matured, but the combination of apple, maple and pork together is one I have grown to love... one which I used to think sounded like a gross combination.


This roast was delightful -- we served it to my grandparents and they loved it!


 I think they were partially surprised Frog Prince and I could cook too ;-)

{note my grandma on the left would not look at the camera.... 
she's a little stubborn and German ;-)}

Crockpot Maple Apple Pork Roast - Finding Joy in My Kitchen
{Print Recipe}

1 large pork roast {ours was about 4 lbs}
6 medium apples, peeled and cut into quarters
2 C baby carrots
1/2 C sprite/gingerale {or, apple juice}
4 T maple syrup
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. salt
1/2 C cooked, crumbled bacon

Peel and slice the apples.


In the bottom of the crockpot, place the sliced apples and carrots.



Top with the roast.


Mix together the soda {or apple juice} and pour over the roast.


Then, sprinkle with the seasonings.


Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or on high for 6ish hours until the internal temperature reads done for pork.


Sprinkle with crumbled bacon before serving.


Allow the roast to sit for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.


Enjoy!

We served the roast with twice baked potatoes -- it was a hit!

Photobucket