When a Fry is Not Really a Fry They're Garlic "Fries" for our Daily Special... Awards and What Makes Me Happy...


To celebrate midweek with a BANG I am joining in on the Foodbuzz Daily Specials  once again. Today's feature on Foodbuzz is a non-stick French-fry baking sheet such as the one at CHEFS™ catalogue. The baking sheet has perforated ridges which enables heat to circulate around your French fries for all-over browning and crispy golden results. What a find this is!!! You could use it for any breaded food in the oven to create a deliciously light and crispy texture without frying in oil. Talk about healthy! Fish or chicken sticks and fillets, shrimp tempura, wings, healthy homemade potato chips, croutons or seasoned breadcrumbs all benefit from this perforated pan. You can easily roast vegetables, nuts and seeds without turning too. There is so much potential here I loved this when I found it!!! 

So I started out simple with some spruced up fries to accompany my barbecued chicken burger with caramelized onions and brie.  I have to confess, French fries are one of my weaknesses, I can’t resist them, whether they are from a fast-food drive-through or a fine restaurant or covered in gravy and squeaky cheese curds disguised as poutine. These garlic fries aren’t really fries, but rather, delicious potato-y, garlicky baked goodness. Still they’ll satisfy your craving for fries every time in a healthy way. They come out golden brown, tender on the inside and crisp outside. First, they're roasted at high heat until crisp and golden. Then you toss them in melted garlicky-butter and shredded Parmesan cheese. A final toss with chopped parsley gives them that real French bistro feel.  They have received rave reviews so believe me....you must try them!!! 


Before I share the recipe I would like to thank Giz of Equal Opportunity Kitchen , Ruth of Once Upon a Feast ,Gloria of Canela's Kitchen, Katie of Thyme for Cooking and Sarah of All Our Fingers in the Pie for bestowing upon me the Happy 101 fellowship award. And all I have to do is write about 10 things that make me happy.

10 Things That make me HAPPY.......I am happy just thinking about it....



1) L'il Burnt Toast

2) My family.....


3) Where I live


4) My city.....


5) Healthy, delicious local (if possible) food



6) Local Wineries and Wine Festivals, Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter...


7) Travel.....many sojourns and roads left untravelled


8) Getting together with friends and laughter...


9) Blogging Events and Friends
(who may all consider themselves tagged)....

10) Cooking Schools....past, present and future

Also a big thank you for another award. The Sunshine Award which has been passed on to me by Rosie of Cooking with Rosie. She is a kind-hearted Canadian living in Germany with her husband and juggling motherhood very well. Thank you sincerely Rosie:D


Plus Foodessa bestowed upon me the "I Love Your Blog Award". How lucky I am to have such warm and kind-hearted friends. Please take a moment to visit all of these talented bloggers. If they are not friends already, they soon will be:D





**Crispy Garlic Fries**

4 teaspoons (20 mL) canola oil
3/4 teaspoon (3 mL)sea salt
3 pounds (1362 grams) peeled baking potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
Cooking spray
2 tablespoons(45 mL) butter
3 garlic cloves, minced (or as you like it:D)
2 tablespoons (30 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons (30 mL) Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
**************************
Preheat oven to 400°.

Combine first 3 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag, tossing to coat. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 50 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden brown, turning after 20 minutes.

Place butter and garlic in a large nonstick skillet, and cook over low heat 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add potatoes, parsley, and Parmesan cheese to pan; toss to coat. Serve immediately.


Serves 6

You are reading this post on More Than Burnt Toast at http://goodfoodcorner.blogspot.com. Content must be credited to this author.