Bouyiourdi the Real Melting Pot



Bouyiourdi

More than three years ago I decided to take the plunge and start my own blog. Throughout the years I have come to know many of you through your own blogs, through e-mails and have even been lucky enough to meet some of you in person. One thing is clear we all love food and enjoy sharing ideas we create with each other. When I want to make something Greek I turn to many of you. Living in the "melting pot" of cultures that is Canada we have learned to adopt many different cuisines from coast to coast. Italian friends had made some crusty, homemade bread for me and I could see a cheesy, gooey blending of cultures in my future. I had been eying this Bouyiourdi meze on Peter's site Kalofagas - Greek Food and Beyond for quite some time. You will find the recipe on his site.

Feta cheese...check....kasseri cheese....check, peppers, tomatoes, chilies...check!!!! I was raring to go. Greek + Italian = fantastic!!!

Peter says, "With Bouyiourdi you want to achieve a melange of gooey, cheese, tomatoes, peppers and herbs. If ever there was a dish in Greek cuisine that resembles Fondue this is it".

It just so happens that I love fondue even if it just resembles it:D

You are reading this post on More Than Burnt Toast at http://goodfoodcorner.blogspot.com. Content must be credited to this author.