Ned's Fluffy Pancakes

Ned Bell is an up-and-coming young Canadian Chef.

He is also co-owner of a local eatery here in town. I tried his pancakes the other day which are amazing as well as "good for you", but stay tuned for more next week in my continuing Canadian Chef's series. For now enjoy his delicious pancakes....I know I did...and I didn't eat this entire stack myself!!!!!

I am off boating on beautiful Kalamalka Lake today..I'll do my very best to not burn like a lobster!!!! We will see if the camera works:D


**Ned’s Fluffy Pancakes**


2 eggs lightly beaten
1 cup buttermilk (250 ml)
1/2 cup melted butter (125 ml)
1 cup all-purpose flour (250 ml)
1 tablespoon brown sugar (15 ml)
3 teaspoon baking powder (15 ml)
1/2 teaspoon salt (2.5 ml)
1/2 cup rolled oats (125 ml)
1/4 cup dried bran (60 ml)
1/2 tsp cinnamon (2.5 ml)
pinch of nutmeg
2 bananas thinly sliced
1 tablespoon butter (15 ml) for griddle


***********
Preheat non-stick griddle to 425ºFahrenheit (195º Celsius).

Place eggs, buttermilk, and melted butter in a medium bowl and mix well.

In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Sift all the dry ingredients well and add the oats and bran.

Add the wet ingredients to the dry and gently incorporate. Do not whisk, the batter should have some lumps. If batter is too thick add more buttermilk.

Gently stir in banana.

Melt butter evenly on hot griddle and spread all over grill.

Ladle pancake mixture about ½ cup (125 ml)onto griddle.

Flip pancakes when golden brown and little bubbles arise on surface. The pancake’s edges with lose their shine and become matted. Cook until the other side of the pancake is golden brown.
Serve with syrup and fresh fruit.