Rachael Ray's Roasted Salsa with Mint and Cilantro


I think I got excited about this recipe because I saw it called for mint and cilantro, both of which happen to be in my very tiny garden right now. I made it to serve with a dinner of burritos and it was perfect on the burritos or by itself on tortilla chips. It was so quick and easy to make and so much better than the store bought varieties!
The ingredients:
4 plum tomatoes
1 jalapeno, halved and seeded
1 small onion, peeled and cut across into four thick slices
3-4 sprigs fresh mint, leaves stripped
1/2 cup cilantro leaves
Salt, to taste

Place whole tomatoes, the seeded jalapeno, and onion slices skin side down on grill or in a dry pan over high heat.
Allow them to char on all sides,
then place in a food processor.
Pulse-grind with mint and cilantro leaves. Season with coarse salt to taste. Pour salsa in a strainer, drain off liquid, and transfer to a serving dish. I did not strain ours and it was still a good consistency. Serve with tortilla chips or with your favorite Mexican dish.

Enjoy!