Daring Baker Pizzas....that's A'more!!!!!!

Once again it is Daring Baker time!!!!! Browsing and clicking through the blogosphere today take a few minutes to see what the over 900 Daring Bakers have been up to this month.

This months Daring Bakers’ Challenge is hosted by the lovely Rosa of Rosa’s Yummy Yums. Originally she was to host this month with Sher of What Did You Eat? and Glenna of A Fridge Full of Food ,but, tragically Sher passed away in July. They had talked about making pizza for the next challenge, so, in honour of Sher Rosa stayed with the plan. She has done an excellent job answering questions on the forum and giving moral support. Now that's A'more!!!!!!

The Daring Bakers is the brainchild of our beautiful and talented co-founders Lis at La Mia Cucina and Ivonne of Cream Puffs in Venice . We are given a challenge each month, choose a day to bake our little hearts out and then we all post our top secret recipe on the same day. Today is that day!!!!!

When I saw this months challenge I was ecstatic. PIZZA!!!!That's A'more!!!!!!!! We tossed and pulled our way to pizza dough success. As some of you know I have a second job working at a pizza joint and therefore have not made my own pizza dough in some time. You will find the recipe here.

Today you are inundated with DARING BAKER PIZZAS of all shapes, sizes and flavours in honour of Sher!!!!! The original recipe is taken from “The Bread Baker’s Apprentice” by Peter Reinhart. We were allowed a lot of leeway and artistic creativity with this months challenge.

Simple for me if often best, so, I opted for a chicken/pesto combination with provolone, white cheddar and mozzarella topping. Cook 1 large seasoned chicken breast and slice. Layer your own homemade pesto on dough and top with a combination of cheeses and the chicken. I added tiny heirloom tomatoes and fresh basil in the last few moments of cooking. I am a "tomatoes after" kind of gal. This pizza combined all of my favourite flavours. If I had have thrown a potato on there this could be my final meal...if ever I had to have one that is.

So Sher I hope you are seeing all of our wonderful combinations and creations. We are loving your smile looking down upon us. We miss you!!

The Verdict.....the photo speaks for itself!!!

Check out what the others are doing on the Daring Baker Blogroll.