White Bean and Garlic Scape Dip


I am sorry to disappoint those of you who have visited my site today looking for a Danish Braid and recipe. Yes I am a usually dedicated member of the multiplying group of Daring Bakers. I had plans to complete this challenge this month...really I did!!!!I purchased all the necessary ingredients and was even going to prepare a cream cheese and fruit filling.
As some of you know I have taken on a job working for the summer at a camp for disabled children...well I am working 7 days a week for the most part and in the beginning (before help thankfully came along) 12 hour days. I am quite excited because the first group of children arrived last night!!!!Needless to say I never got around to baking my braid. I also want to apologize for not visiting your sites as often I would like to for the same reason. I think we get some time off at the end of each camp so there may still be time.
The Daring Bakers is the brainchild of our beautiful and talented co-founders Lis at La Mia Cucina and Ivonne of Cream Puffs in Venice . We are given a challenge each month, choose a day to bake our little hearts out and then we all post our top secret recipe on the same day. Today is that day.
This months challenge was cohosted by Kelly of Sass and Veracity and Ben of What's Cooking? Both Kelly and Ben selected a recipe from Sherry Yard's The Secrets of Baking for a great way to introduce us to laminated dough. Danish pastries are in the same family as puff pastry.
But since there is no Danish Braid here today I give you my final recipe for garlic scapes.
They are fast fading away in the gardens of British Columbia. If you would care to know more about garlic scapes have a quick look at these previous posts.
Garlic Scape Pesto
Garlic Scape Vichyssoise

**White Bean and Garlic Scapes Dip**

1/3 cup sliced garlic scapes (3 to 4)
1 T freshly squeezed lemon juice, more to taste
1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt, more to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, more for drizzling.
**************************************
In a food processor, process garlic scapes with lemon juice, salt and pepper until finely chopped. Add cannellini beans and process to a rough purée.
With motor running, slowly drizzle olive oil through feed tube and process until fairly smooth. Pulse in 2 or 3 tablespoons water, or more, until mixture is the consistency of a dip. Add more salt, pepper and/or lemon juice, if desired.
Spread out dip on a plate, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with more salt.
Yield: 1 1/2 cups.