Blueberry Tea will Cure All!!!!


A quiet Sunday has been spent catching up on laundry and the usual never-ending household chores. My appetite hasn't really come back , so , instead I am offering you a comforting warm drink that I fall back upon many times. Hic! I am not really a coffee drinker ( I hear your gasps!!!!!), so , when at a restaurant (as a replacement for dessert or a special coffee) I quite often order a Blueberry Tea as a relaxing end to a delicious meal.

Blueberry Tea is a cocktail made from tea and liqueurs. With this cold and feeling in need of comfort I have derived much pleasure from its warmth the past few days. The combination of amaretto, Grand Marnier and orange pekoe tea gives it a fruity taste that some liken to the flavour of blueberries.

Blueberry Tea is usually served in a brandy snifter, to concentrate and hold the alcohol fumes released by the tea's heat....perfect for a cold winters night!!!!! Since I haven't a brandy snifter in the house I had to substitute. It doesn't affect the flavours at all!
When the ladies and I from work get together this is my signature drink. They have come to expect this at the table or perhaps, as of late, a glass of ice wine in a chocolate cup for dessert.

Ingredients are typically:

1 oz. Grand Marnier liqueur
1 oz. Amaretto liqueur
Hot Orange pekoe tea to taste
************************

Add both liqueurs to the snifter and then fill with hot tea to taste. Swaddle the brandy snifter in paper napkins or a cloth to protect the hands. Some suggest a sugared rim, or adding sugar to the tea, or a lemon garnish.

Serves 1