Betta' Bruschetta


Today is the beginning of a good day. My header came back in all it's glory... Revenue Canada adjusted last years income tax and they owe me money with interest. What could be better! Well maybe some comforting home cooked meals. Tonight I'll be making Yemista and attacking that turkey carcass.

I can't remember where this recipe came from...if I recall it was in an advertisement...perhaps for mayonnaise...wink..wink... Wherever it came from it is one of those treats that we make all the time. My daughter will make it up just to snack on.

We love bruschetta with it's simple flavours but we also like this cheesy version as well.

**Betta' Bruschetta**


1 French Style loaf of bread
½ cup mayonnaise
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
½ cup chopped pitted ripe olives
1 tomato, chopped
1 small clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp pepper


Preheat oven to 350 F.

Cut bread into slices. Combine remaining ingredients; spread onto slices.

Place slices on a baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is
melted.

Serve warm.

Makes 10 servings.