Apple Cranberry Baked Oatmeal


Because apples and cranberries make a perfect pair.

Because I had cranberries in my freezer that needed to be used.



Because I love a wholesome, yummy breakfast.

Because I wanted to sleep in and not get up earlier to make said breakfast.


Because I love my husband, who loves baked oatmeal.

Because, I felt creative.


I introduce -- Apple Cranberry Baked Oatmeal.


Apple Cranberry Baked Oatmeal

3 C Old Fashioned oats
1/2 C honey
1 T cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 C milk
1 egg
1/2 C applesauce {unsweetened}
2 tsp. vanilla
2 medium apples, chopped
1/2 - 1 C cranberries

In a large bowl, combine the oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and salt.


Mix in the egg, milk, applesauce, vanilla and honey.


Stir well.

Fold in the chopped apples and cranberries.



Pour mix into a lightly greased 8x8 or 9x9 glass baking dish.  Alternatively, pour into a 9x13 baking dish (for a shorter baking time).


Cover and store in your fridge over night.

In the morning, bake the oatmeal mixture at 350 for ~40-45 minutes if you're using a 9x9 or 8x8 pan.  Bake for 20-30 minutes if you're using a 9x13 baking dish.


Bake until lightly browned and the center is set.


Serve warm.

Enjoy.

Just because.


Photobucket


Linked to: Foodie Friday, Mangia Monday