My Version of Broccoli Salad


I am sure there was a better photo here somewhere if I had only taken the time to stage my shot, but I wanted to share this simple salad with you. Truthfully we just wanted to dig in!!! We were that inspired and pretty much forgot our manners to wait until Valli had taken her photos for her blog.

 This version of broccoli salad is light and delicious and makes a perfect accompaniment to your barbecued meats. This is a no-sugar version of your traditional favorite! So much has happened this week I can't wait to share it all with you. In the meantime join us tomorrow for our Cooking Light Virtual Supper Club for more light recipes.
Happy eating!!!!!


**My Version of Broccoli Salad**

4 cups fresh broccoli florets
¼ cup red onion, finely diced
3 tablespoons raisins
2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
1 lemon or orange, zested and juiced
1 tablespoon mayonnaise or subsitute

******************
Combine the broccoli, onions, raisins, orange or lemon zest and sunflower seeds. In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt, orange or lemon juice, and mayonnaise until blended.  Pour over the broccoli mixture and toss to coat.

Serves 8

You are reading this post on More Than Burnt Toast at http://goodfoodcorner.blogspot.com. Content must be credited to this author.