Cookie Dough!

It's been so long since I've enjoyed cookie dough. All the pre-made stuff isn't any good for people with nut allergies, such as myself. Thus, there goes eating raw cookie dough and cookie dough ice cream. That is, until now.



My friend Kelly let me know of a great recipe that is EGG FREE, that I can make myself (so I know it's nut-free) and use to eat or put in ice cream :) Thanks, Kelly.

Cookie Dough - Adapted from Kelly

1/2 C butter, softened
3/4 C brown sugar
1/2 C whole wheat flour
1/2 C flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2ish C dark chocolate chips
~2 T water
1/2 C oatmeal (optional)

Cream together the butter and brown sugar. Then, add in the flour, salt and stir to combine. Add in the vanilla and then, if necessary about 2 T water. Add the water 1 T at a time, stirring to see if you need more water. Then, stir in the chocolate chips.





Keep in an airtight container in the fridge. You may also freeze it... and it's especially good in cookie dough ice cream :)

This post is linked to Chocolate Friday!