Tidying the kitchen

A little house keeping is in order...

Item #1:

First, I just need to say thank you, readers! Seriously, you guys are the best. I love cooking for my own family, but you have all added another degree of blessing in my life by trying these recipes for your own families.

When I started blogging, I did so because I wanted my mom to try new recipes... and she won't make new recipes unless she can see photos! Thus, I created this blog as a place to archive and share our recipes.

Then, you all found it, and it has become such a fun part of my day. I appreciate your feedback and comments and try to reply to each one.... but, sometimes that's hard because there are some people who I can't find their blog or email!

Did you know that if you go into your profile and edit it, you can choose to have your email displayed. You can choose the email you want shared, and then, when you leave a comment, the blogger (such as myself) can easily email you responses to your comments! Check out these step-by-step directions that Jen over at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.


Item #2:

Sarah, over at I Blame My Mother (who has a great blog, by the way) had a great giveaway from Cookware.com... that I won!!! I can't believe it. I was shocked when I learned that I have $50 to spend at cookware.com!

There are two kitchen gadgets that I have on my wish list... first is a dehydrator.


Nesco / American Harvest FD-35 /WT-2/LM-2-6/SLD-2-6 - Entree Food Dehydrator w / Optional Trays & Clean-A-Screen

Second, is a yogurt maker.


Cuisipro 837418 - Donvier Electric Yogurt Maker


So, my question to you is, what do you recommend? If any of you have either of these, or know of good brands, I'm open to suggestions too :)


Item #3:

Since it's no secret how much we like pasta around here, I've checked out a pasta round up that happens each Friday!

Presto Pasta Night is hosted by a variety of different bloggers, and each Friday pasta recipes are showcased. This week, The Sweet Kitchen is hosting, and there are tons of yummy-looking pasta recipes to choose from (they all have photos). My Roasted Red Pepper Tortellini Bake is one of the recipes this week.


Item #4:

Starting Sunday/Monday, my meal plans are going to be posted on this blog rather than on our personal blog. Along with that, if there is interest, I can do a mini-series on how we menu plan and cook from scratch on a budget.


Item #5:

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!