BBQ Chicken Salad with Cilantro Ranch Dressing

Every once in a while you come across a recipe and you just know without a doubt that you're going to love it. This one I found on Marin's Creations was one of those. I started salivating the moment I read the ingredients and we were not disappointed with the fresh, flavorful results. My husband and kids couldn't stop raving about it and still keep asking me when I will make this delicious hearty salad again. Thanks Marin for a great recipe---next on my list are those yummy looking chicken burritos!




The ingredients:

(Oops! I forgot to add the BBQ sauce to the picture.)

2 hearts of Romaine, chopped
1 can corn
1 can black beans
15 grape tomatoes, halved (or just chopped tomatoes)
3-4 cooked chicken breasts, cubed or shredded
favorite BBQ sauce
Mozzarella cheese

DRESSING: (the dressing reminded me a lot of my favorite Cafe Rio dressing recipe, except not so spicy)
1 envelope Hidden Valley Ranch dressing
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup milk (I like to use buttermilk)
1/2 bunch cilantro
1 clove garlic
juice of one lime (or 2 Tbs.)

Place lettuce in a serving bowl. Layer with corn, black beans, and tomatoes. Mix cooked chicken with BBQ sauce and top over salad. **I cooked the chicken in the crockpot, drained it, then added the BBQ sauce.** Sprinkle mozzarella over the top.

Place dressing ingredients into blender or food processor and combine well.
** I prepared the dressing earlier in the day to give the flavors a chance to blend. **

Drizzle over salad.

Enjoy!