New Cookbook Study Program

Are you getting as much from your cookbooks as you could be?  
If you don't know the answer to this question then probably not:  
"Timis County shares its name with a tributary of the Danube and is located in the western part of which European country?" 
A seventh grade winner of the National Geographic Bee when asked where he got his extensive knowledge of world geography from, answered,  "By reading cookbooks."   
He won $25,000 and a trip to the Galapagos Islands by reading cookbooks!  What am I doing wrong?!

Starting today, I'm putting away all of the kids' books and I'm reading them cookbooks instead of stories.
Tonight we learned in Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Cookbook that Mexico is south of the border. 

I should have my kids on full scholarships in no time.