Barbecued Patty Pan

I have designated today as BLOGGER APPECIATION DAY. I just wanted to thank all of the bloggers and friends in some small way who have continued to visit my site over the summer even when I have not been following your own sites as I would like to have.
As most of you know I have been working mega hours at the Easter Seal camp for the summer. It is a camp for challenged children of all age groups. The summer has been rewarding in many ways with many twists and turns. I have been lucky to have some time off to enjoy all that the Okanagan has to offer and to enjoy it as it should be enjoyed.
I feel that overall the summer has been enjoyable, challenging and productive. There is so much joy to be had seeing the children's happy and content faces each and every day. There is only 1 camp left so it is all coming to an end.
As I already mentioned I just wanted to put it out there how much I appreciate all your support over the past few months and I promise to get back to my regular routine of more frequent posting and visiting.
I was asked to post a recipe for the patty pan squash that I found at the farmer's market. They are just as "cute" as vegetables can be being only an inch to 2 inches in diameter. A Patty Pan is a small squash-shaped vegetable which looks like a flying saucer. If they're not available where you live, you can use thickly cut zucchini (courgettes) instead.

I am off for now...I hear the thunder and lightning and a storm brewing....so better take my raincoat..............

**Barbecued Baby Patty Pan Squash**
1 crushed clove garlic
1 T chopped fresh thyme
3 T of olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
12 baby patty pan squash

*************
Prepare a marinade with crushed garlic, fresh thyme and olive oil. Marinate squash. Place on barbecue grill and cook for 5 - 10 minutes, turning constantly. ( I used my barbecue skillet basket)

Serves 4