Barbecued Corn on the Cob

When out and about yesterday I came across a sign "Corn for Sale". Yippeee!!!!!!! This means that summer has truly arrived and I am ready for my ultimate barecued foods. Every province and region boasts the best corn, but, the jury will always be out on that one.

I have two methods of cooking corn. The first requires a large pot, husking the corn and removing all silk and placing it in the pot with an inch or two of water. Turn on the side burner of your barbecue (or do this indoors if it is not unbearably hot and humid) and allow the corn to steam for a maximum of 10 minutes depending on how you like your corn. The only problem for me with this method is husking the corn and removing the silk...verra, verra messy.

Secondly you can also cook your corn in the husk as I did today. You need to soak the corn in cold water for a minimum of 30 minutes so that there is plenty of moisture , otherwise it will burn too easily on the grill. It takes about 10 minutes to cook at high heat and don't forget to turn it once in a while. The disadvantage is that it is very hot, but hey allow it to cool a little before handling. You will burn your mouth if you are impatient and a little too eager.

Slather your corn in butter or with an herbed butter of your making and ENJOY!!!!!!!!

I served the corn with a "new to me" potato salad recipe and some garden fresh tomatoes and I had the ultimate summer meal of all time in my books!!!!!!