Healthy Herbed Cream Fettuccine

Ruth over at Once Upon a Feast has been organizing Presto Pasta nights every Friday for over 2 years now. She is the very first blogger I ever met before I even knew what a blog was. I doubt that I even commented on her pasta dish and just lurked for over a year. She is also a fellow Canadian blogging out of Halifax, Nova Scotia so if you haven't had the pleasure of visiting her blog please do!!!I don't eat pasta as often as I would like but I do enjoy participating in the Presto Pasta Nights event.
I found this particular recipe somewhere on the Internet a while ago. I have searched for it since to credit the author but to no avail, even though I have added my own touches and changed it slightly. What appealed to me in this recipe was the use of carrot juice for that extra boost of vitamins. I won't go into all the benefits of this "wonder" food and be on the carrot juice bandwagon, but if you are interested check it out here . The addition of Greek yogurt, as opposed to cream also keeps the dish light, yet it tastes creamy and rich!!

This is a way to fit into those shorts for the summer while still embracing pasta!!

**Healthy Herbed Creamy Fettuccine **

1 T butter
1 T extra-virgin olive oil
1 large red onion, minced
1 small bunch of scallions, white and green parts, minced (about 1 cup)
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh Italian parsley leaves, plus 1 T minced
1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh basil leaves, plus 1 T minced
1/2 cup carrot juice
1/2 - 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 pound linguine
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese

***************************
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta. Meanwhile, melt the butter with the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat, add the red onion, scallion, and salt and pepper to taste. Sauté until soft, about 15 minutes.

Transfer to a blender and add the tarragon and basil leaves, carrot juice and yogurt, and blend.
Cook the pasta in the boiling water until al dente, drain, and return to the pot. Gently mix in the sauce and adjust the salt. Transfer to heated bowls and top with the minced herbs and Parmesan.

Serves 2