Roasted Melange of Potatoes a la Valerie

Look at these little beauties. I discovered these tri-coloured potatoes at one of our local markets. This is a dish I make all year but this time around I parboiled the potatoes and them finished them off in my BBQ. This cuts back on the time in the oven or in this case the BBQ and consequently in the kitchen as well. I just love these simple dishes!!I had to have a fancy name for this simple offering to make them seem special. I served them with Hamburger a la Stroganoff....wink...wink... what an easy mid week meal.

What they lack in complexity they make up for in flavour!!


**Roasted Baby Potatoes**

1-1/2 lbs small red potatoes (in this case a mixture)
2 T olive oil divided
3/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
1 T chopped fresh cilantro
1 T grated Parmesan cheese
3 cloves garlic, minced

***********************

Preheat oven to 425F. Coat baking pan with spray or foil.

In bowl toss potatoes with oil, salt and pepper, transfer to pan. Roast turning once until tender, about 40 minutes.

Meanwhile combine, basil, cilantro, Parmesan and garlic with remaining oil. Toss roasted potatoes with basil mixture. Transfer to serving bowl.

Serves 4