Daring Bakers Challenge #4

Once again this month as a proud and yet hesitant and timid member of the Daring Bakers I rose to the challenge to make a layer cake from scratch. I am a big fan of cake mixes...sigh...yes you heard me correctly...wink...wink...when it comes to baking cakes for special occasions. They always turn out perfectly. But being the Daring Baker that I am I rose to the challenge from this month's hostess Morven at Food Art & Random Thoughts with Dorie Greenspan's 'Perfect Party Cake'.

The Daring Bakers are the brainchild of our lovely and industrious co-founders Lis at La Mia Cucina and Ivonne of Cream Puffs in Venice . They started baking in their kitchens to challenge each other and it has grown to a movement of over 500 strong dedicated bakers. The greatest thing about belonging to the Daring Bakers is all the support from the DB community. I appreciate all the comments and encouragement from every one of you.

This was my 4th Daring Baker challenge. We were given a lot of liberties with flavouring our cake to suit our own tastes this time around. I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with...the possibilities are endless!!! I ended up covering my cake with a blanket of coconut and surrounded it with tiny vanilla meringues. You will find the recipe here on the the blogroll at over 500 sites. Thank you for the challenge!!