The Better BLT..


All this talk about basil over at http://everybodylikessandwiches.blogspot.com has me dreaming of my favourite herb. The word basil comes from a derivative of the Greek work meaning "royalty". It is truly at the top of my list. I always have a pot of basil on my kitchen counter top. I have been less successful with growing it in containers on my patio, but I will persevere. If anyone has any suggestions on how to keep my basil from withering please let me know. I know it does not like to be waterlogged, but, that should not be a problem here in the valley.

Dreaming of basil reminds me of one of my favourite and simple sandwiches. I even get to throw in a little of my favourite herb...basil of course!

**The Better BLT**

5 - 6 leaves of fresh basil, chopped finely
2 - 3 slices of ripe, juicy tomato
2 - 3 slices of cooked, salty bacon
2 - 3 lettuce leaves
mayonnaise
salt/pepper
2 slices toast of your choice (probably from one of my favourite bakeries or better yet homemade)

********************
Assemble!

Enjoy your "sammich""!!